Well, getting hired is an art that every job seeker needs to perfect. You are not getting hired because you are not doing the right things. You need to take a hard look at how you approach the job seeking process. This will give you lot of insight into where you go right and where you go wrong. At the same time, it would be interesting to see it from the point of view of the hiring manager. What are the things that go through his mind when it comes to hiring a new candidate? What are the things he finds crucial when interviewing a candidate. Well, you are making all the right moves if you are getting hired – full points to you. If it doesn’t happen then you have a problem with your approach. You are obviously not doing it right. However, it doesn’t mean that you are not a good candidate. It only means that you need to better your efforts.As PGP Australia says here, building a career profile is crucial and their career needs assessment will identify any areas of interest. Well, with a little effort from your side you will be able to do really well as a job seeker.
Things to keep in mind
Let’s have a look at the things one must keep in mind in order to grab job opportunities below:
- When you don’t get hired, you would like to know why they chose certain other candidate. Well, there is no way for you to find out as you are not going to talk to the recruiter again.
- The only thing you can do is to make sure that you do everything right by the book. When you don’t make a false move it becomes easier for you to grab the job opportunity.
- You need to look at it from the point of the hiring managers. Their process begins with eliminating less than desirable candidates.
- They will look at the resumes first. Then they will start making calls. They start eliminating candidates thereafter based on the feedback from telephonic interviews. Or in other words, telephonic interviews are your very first opportunity to create an impression. You should make most of it.
- In-person interviews happen in the final lap. Of course, you need to prepare well in advance for the in-person interviews. How you talk to the hiring manager is really important as it decides your future.
- Physical appearance is not the deciding factor. But then you can’t turn up in shabby dresses. Even though it is not a deciding factor, it is one of the factors that help you to grab the job opportunity. You should not take it lightly for the same reason.
- Personal appearance is important because it tells the hiring manager that you take care of yourself and you are bothered about how you are perceived. You need to do all the right things to get noticed. It is only considered as a positive trait. Most importantly, you should bid goodbye to all the old job seeking techniques. Those techniques will do no good for you.
Premium Graduate can help successfully help you to kick start your career!